Sunday, June 19, 2011

Helen of KLCC

Honestly, physical criteria play a secondary role in my own law of attraction but I'd be disingenuous to say that it's something I can easily dispense with. We are animals after all, regardless of how far evolved we are, and like other animals we rely on specific physical attributes to look for mating partners that can best continue our genealogical line. In other words we want to mate with somebody who can give our future progeny the best chance to survive, and therefore, according to some evolutionary biologists, a set of certain physical criteria can serve as an important indicator whether our prospective mate is able to provide that guarantee or not. I guess it's not just all about personality then.

As it happens I saw this girl the other day who is a barista at one of the coffee shops in KLCC - and she has turned me into a stalker of some sort. Her back (and her lustrous long black hair) was facing me the first time I beckoned her to help me with the WiFi password. There she was as she stood before me a face so dripping sweet that it can almost inflict instant diabetes on someone just by her merest glance. Wow is all I could say at the time. I've always considered myself an aesthete who does appreciate beauty in its superficial form but as far as my personal preference for the fairer sex goes I tend to go for the sweet unassuming types with a touch of radiance and innocence to boot.

Boy, did my heart skip a few beats faster at the time! Since then I've been going there several more times and found out what her work schedule was. The extent of my interactions with her have so far been limited to occasional exchanges of smiles and some inane remarks from me about the hectic nature of the place. Well dumbass, it's the KLCC for crying out loud! So far there hasn't been a lull long enough during her shift for me to initiate a more meaningful and longer conversation with her. Also, the irony is that my constant presence at the coffee shop has instead attracted one of her female co-workers and she's the one been chatting me up all this time. Maybe that's one way to get closer to her!

This whole stalking venture reminds me of my younger days when I used to pursue this girl from Convent Bukit Nanas Girls School (CBN) here in KL. I used to have the hots for Chinese girls who wear baju kurung school uniform, and this girl was all of the above. She lives in Ampang, which is where I live, and we always take the same public bus. CBN girls usually wait for the bus in-front of the old AIA building on Jln. Ampang and for hot-blooded testosterone-laden boys there's no better place than there. She has the sweet angelic face and long wavy black hair quite similar to the KLCC barista. The thing that really turned me on was that she never latched the button at the top of her baju kurung, which then partially exposed her milky smooth upper chest. The slightest sight of it is enough to fire up the imagination of any hormone-ravaged teenagers! One time I remember vividly when it rained and she was a bit soaked to see the transparent white linen of her baju kurung clung ever so tightly to her very suggestive black bra. I almost exploded, in all sense of the word, right then and there! I trailed behind her many times while she was walking home to see where she lived. I also exchanged smiles and coy glances with her across the bus stop but that was the extent of our interaction for quite some time - that was until I mustered enough courage to talk to her. She turned out to be really cool and we actually dated for a while until we got separated by our post-high school life choices.

In short this KLCC barista reminds me so much of the CBN girl of my youthful romantic exploits, at least from the physical point of view and the way I'm stalking her and trying to make my presence gradually known to her. I really feel as giddy as I was twenty years ago standing at the bus stop staring with mouth agape at this sweet and warm-looking baju kurung-wearing Chinese girl. If Helen of Troy is the so-called "face that launched a thousand ships" then this barista is the Helen of KLCC: the face that melts the hearts of a thousand coffee drinkers!

No comments: